The Evolution of School Lunches

When I was in elementary school I strongly disliked packed lunches. Soggy sandwiches, warm lime flavored yogurt (ick!), dry pretzels…..you get the idea. As an adult, packing my lunch, and three others, continues to be a sore spot each day. So I went looking for some inspiration.

Parents, I am impressed! The lunches you pack your child are beautiful and healthy! Below are some pictures I took during snack recess…so some of the food items have already been eaten.

What’s even more impressive is that your children EAT what you pack. The amount of bell peppers I saw was incredible!!

So, how do you come up with different food combinations to pack? I’m looking for ideas….please leave a comment on the blog and share with others the healthy snacks you pack and any time saving tools you use. I (and others!) would very much appreciate it!

One thought on “The Evolution of School Lunches

1. I highly recommend using a planet box. Not only can you pack a waste free lunch, you can include many different food options. Check Pinterest for planet box lunch ideas. I include mostly whole foods and keep a balance of protein, fruit and vegetables with a low amount of bread/cracker carbohydrates. Remember nuts, seeds, and olives make great additions. Also, my girls enjoy brown rice cakes with nut butter and turkey-cream cheese roll ups as sandwich alternatives. I would love to see Laguna adopt a waste free lunch policy.